Wednesday, March 10, 2021

Heels Update

Thanks to one of this blog's readers for giving me an update on the upcoming Starz channel series Heels, a drama about what goes on behind the scenes of an American independent wrestling promotion. Starz released its first look at lead actors Stephen Amell (Arrow) and Alexander Ludwig (Vikings). They play brothers who not just fight in "scripted outcome matches", but for control of the company their late father, a wrestling promoter, left them. Amell, playing the heel to Ludwig's babyface, has said that he will wear "speedos" in his matches and the good news is he has kept his promise. I expect to see cameos from professional wrestlers throughout the run of the series; Amell has teased the participation of wrestler/actor C.M. Punk although I'm not sure in what capacity. Keep up to date with Heels by following them on Instagram: HeelsStarz. Read more about the series here.

Stephen Amell & Alexander Ludwig

Amell posted this on his Instagram recently. Looks like
the series is going to be gritty ala Darren Aronofsky's The Wrestler.

The fictitious promotion.

The set.

Amell also posted this teaser with CM Punk.




9 comments:

  1. Armell has no booty :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. The hair on Ludwig made me audibly laugh.

    If Steven Amell wants to wrestle, he should just join a promotion. This seems like half step.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks terrible.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Please....let's not body shame the actors/wrestlers/other personalities featured in this blog. I created Beefcakes of Wrestling as an appreciation blog for the many different types of beefcake in the world of pro wrestling. Everyone has different tastes when it comes to beefcake and if you see someone here who may not "tick all the boxes" for you, kindly refrain from saying anything negative about them. Seeing comments where readers nitpick/critique a person's body parts is disheartening to me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree and feel bad about what I posted. I usually don't and I think seeing a bunch of similar posts made it easier for me to join in. Am deleting mine

      Delete
  6. This looks interesting and I plan to follow the show to see how it progresses. It’s basically being filmed in my hometown (but a lot of stuff is)

    ReplyDelete