Tuesday, October 8, 2024

Uncaged

So I posted something on X yesterday and I did not expect it to be retweeted by Brian Cage himself. I won't lie. I was thrilled that a wrestler like Cage retweeted my content. In his retweet, Cage corrected me for calling him a bodybuilder. "I'm not a bodybuilder pretending to wrestle...I'm a pro wrestler who just happens to bodybuild," he wrote. I get what he's saying. Competitive bodybuilders would probably roll their eyes if they think Cage is calling himself a bodybuilder*. But look, when I see anyone with a massively muscular build like that, there's no way I can't to refer to them as a bodybuilder. Am I wrong? LOL. Anyway, I don't think anyone was seriously offended by my insignificant tweet. Except this one lady who pressed the gay panic button and tried to make Cage feel uncomfortable about the tweet: "I'll be more concerned that a dood (sic) called beefcakes is noticing you." Yes, anyone with a body like that who wears only trunks at his job is going to be noticed. And learn to spell dude correctly, ma'am.
(*Alexander Hammerstone has competed in bodybuilding contests, so I guess we can call him a bodybuilder.)









3 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing, how cool! I mean if anyone in wrestling is going to be called a bodybuilder it's definitely Cage. I also think there's a fallacy in assuming bodybuilders can't wrestle which he implied. Why can't you be both? (which is what I think you intended)

    And yeah, always leave it up to someone on the internet ruin all the fun. Ugh

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on the shout-out that's awesome! He could have also meant that as a "pro" he earns his living from wrestling and not bodybuilding. This looks like a great match, wish I could watch it! And I guess the Karens are still around, sigh lol

    ReplyDelete