Friday, July 1, 2022

From Adrian To Fabien To Giovanni

I'm a little confused. WWE's Fabian Aichner is now WWE's Giovanni Vinci? The Italian wrestler (fka Adrian Severe) "walked out" on his tag team partner Marcel Barthel (fka Axel Dieter Jr.) after losing to the Creed Brothers last April 5 and now appears on another WWE franchise, NXT 2.0, using a different name. It's good to see him still around but for the life of me, I will never understand what the WWE is doing. Watch him in action here.




In his Fabien Aichner days.


3 comments:

  1. I'm always curious when people ask "why would wwe do that." Balor once said in an interview wwe was very open to his ideas and collaborative. I know there are many bad Vince decisions out there but I always think he wouldn't be involved at this level. My guess is Aichner wanted more singles matches, potentially burned out with the same gimmick that made him famous, but that's just my guess

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy they are keepng him. WWE is famous for ruining wrestlers with bad names and gimmicks. OTOH, Fabian Aichner is his REAL name, and WWE generally acquires the rights to their wrestlers' names/brands. It may have been a sticky legal matter in this case. I assume, since Fabian is from the German-speaking part of Italy, he can also speak Italian, so should be able to pull off the new character credibly. Anon.

      Delete
  2. He looks very sexy in this new gimmick, but it was hilarious hearing the commentary team treat him like a newcomer.

    At least he wasn't future endeavored after Marcel (Ludwig) and Walter (Gunther) went to Smackdown, and Fabien disappeared for awhile.

    ReplyDelete