Monday, February 5, 2018

Muscle Monday : 8 Years of Muscle and Beefcake

Beefcakes of Wrestling is celebrating its 8th anniversary this month! Yup, it's been 8 years since I created this blog. It all started when I had the idea to turn the hours I peruse wrestling sites into a creative, productive activity. Curating is something I enjoy doing so I thought it would be fun to select the best pics I could find online and post them in a format that beefcake aficionados would be able to enjoy. In the 8 years that I've been doing this, I've seen the business change or develop in ways I could not have imagined. Thanks to social media, wrestlers are now doing self-promotion and are reaching fans all over the world. Pro wrestling has  spread all over the globe, too; countries like China, Hungary, Nepal, Finland, Singapore, The Philippines now have local federations and promotions. Wrestlers are becoming famous at a young age; the best example is 20 year old Tyler Bate who now wrestles for WWE. There are many other so-called "millennials" who are poised to become big very soon. Since 2010, I've seen many wrestlers come and go (some have retired from the scene after just a few years while a few have passed on to that great squared circle in the sky). I do miss my favorites (Brett Barnes, to name just one), but I'm looking forward to all the newbies who are breaking into the scene. All in all, it's such a great time to be a wrestling fan. And with that, here are some notable musclemen who have been featured on this blog since Year 1. I went back to the archives and selected several wrestlers who embody what Muscle Monday is about. I didn't include every wrestler who's been featured in Muscle Monday, just those who may not have been featured here in a while or those who deserve to be featured here over and over again.
Anthony Bravado - the subject of this blog's very first post 8 years ago.

Jo Atlas

Marcus Anthony

Hugo Knox

Chris Masters
Anthony Nese

Bobby Lashley

The Big O lifts Anthony Bowens

El Elegido

Dragon Lee, Mark Jindrak, Rush
Brian Cage

Big T Thomas Kingdon & Radomir Petkovic

Jessie Godderz

Zaid Khan
Steve Lexington aka DJ Gabriel

Zeus

Strongman Jon Andersen

Flex Armstrong

Rob Terry


10 comments:

  1. Quite an impressive lineup! Thank you for all your work these past 8 years!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on 8 years that's awesome! Keep up the great work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy birthday, youngster! What a great collection of beefcake you chose for your anniversary post. I saw many of my favorites, you definitely have a gift for curating. Here's to another 8 years and more. Keep at it -- know that we are out here enjoying your work and appreciating these amazing specimens even if we don't speak up and say it often enough.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This gives me the opportunity to say Thank You for these last 8 years. You have brought much delight with your pics and blogs. Many congrats on the success of this site and I hope you have many more years ahead of you.
    An impressive list of wrestlers shown but the one I would also have included: Sylvan Greiner.

    ReplyDelete
  5. congratulations and thank you for introducing me to some of my now favourite beefcake wrestlers over the years, including tristan archer! looking forward to your future posts and new introductions.

    ReplyDelete
  6. HAPPY ANNIVERSARY !!!!!!!! Thank you so much for all your work ! LOVE IT !!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations! Your readers appreciate your work.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy Anniversary! Love this site. Just wondering, who is the wrestler at the very top of your page in the title?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's Nick Dinsmore who went on to become WWE's Eugene.

      Delete
  9. Congrats indeed! You've got a great eye for hot wrestlers and thanks for sharing your passion with others.

    Wish we could've seen more Anthony Bravado, Big T and Radmoir. Wow great pic of Flex and his bulge lol

    ReplyDelete