Friday, June 1, 2018

Beards

Longtime contributor and good friend of this blog, David emailed me to say he's been seeing a lot of beards showing up in matches these days (and by beards, I mean facial hair). Here are some examples of what he's referring to. David took these pics at some of the NXT and Full Impact Pro Wrestling events he recently attended.
Ricochet

Tomasso Ciampa

Odinson

Gunner Miller

Thanks for those pics, David. He's right. A lot of wrestlers these days are sporting facial hair -- some beards are pretty normal while others are thick and scraggly. Here are some pics of bearded wrestlers I found online. What's your take on beards? Love 'em or hate 'em?
Anthony Nese

Shames and Anthony Nese

Travis "Flip" Gordon


Cedric Alexander


Tom La Ruffa




8 comments:

  1. Well trimmed beards are fine but the hillbilly look just makes it look like you are too lazy to groom yourself (grooming becoming a lost art.) I have a short beard but it exists to camouflage the tiny lines that have appeared on my chin due to age.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Agree with you, Joel. Trim beards are sexy. The "hillbilly," or in some other cases the "hipster," look is a major turn off for me. Matt Cross used to be very sexy for me, but his current "big beard" look destroyed that. To each his own, I guess. But I wish someone would tell Tony Neese to trim the chin adornment.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Agree, agree. And agree on Cross and Nese. Don't understand why they have gone "full-order Amish." For a few it goes with the character being portrayed, e.g., Odinson. Anon.

      Delete
  3. I'm afraid that I cannot agree. Stubble can sometimes look sexy. A beard may disguise a weak chin, but it adds nothing to a handsome man and it may detract. Travis Gordon looked a lot better clean-shaven. Ditto Randy Orton, who seems to have gone back to being clean-shaven. Often the beard is messy ("Hillbilly") and gives the impression that the wearer simply could not be bothered to shave. I hope that this fad will be short-lived. P.S. I once grew a beard. No-one said anything at the time but, after I had shaved it off, friends and relations congratulated me on doing so!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Travis needs to shave

    ReplyDelete
  5. Perhaps they are compensating for shaving their armpits and body hair - looks silly to me :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yeah, what is it with shaving your chest but not your face? I think it is a lot better the other way around.

    ReplyDelete