Friday, May 29, 2020

Flashback Friday: Hugo Knox

Longtime contributor and good friend of this blog, David, emailed me this collection of photos he took of one-time NXT Superstar Hugo Knox. Knox, an English former football/soccer player, made his debut with NXT in November 2014. For reasons unknown to us, he was released by WWE in September 2016. David's pics were taken when Knox was still new to NXT; his first ring gear was comprised of these white polka-dotted trunks and knee pads in blue or red. I'm baffled as to why WWE's Creatives decided on this look for him. In my opinion, it doesn't suit his personality and build. His later look of the slick black gear was much better. Thank you to David for once again gifting us with a spectacular batch of photos.










7 comments:

  1. I love the polka dots and the booty

    ReplyDelete
  2. Possible the dots had some sort of symbolism in UK sports, but, anyway, his appearance was awesome enough to overcome minor shortcomings. A shame there is no or little video of him in action. Unless someone out there has some to share? Anon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Apparently to get a WWE contract these days you have to be doughy with a long unkempt beard. Sad :-(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! ...with long greasy drippy hair. Yuk!

      Delete
  4. I remember him saying that the polka dots were inspired by or based on advice he got from Dusty Rhodes.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It seems like he can make anything he wears look sexy and I think we should be grateful they don't have him wearing tights to cover up his assets.

    I definitely wish there were more matches of him I could see. Not sure I've seen any actually

    ReplyDelete