Thursday, December 31, 2020

So Long, 2020!

 It's the last day of 2020 and even though it doesn't look like things are going to get significantly better anytime soon, the thought of saying goodbye to a difficult year just feels so good. That said, I hope this message finds all this blog's readers and followers in good health (physical, mental, emotional, and so on). 

Now for some announcements. I've been working on Beefcakes of Wrestling for ten years now (it turns 11 in February) and as much as it gives me pleasure to create content for like-minded fans of pro wrestling's beefcakes, I feel like I need to slow down a bit. This is because I have started to do more work from home and I spend so much time doing research on the web as part of my job with a digital publication. Being online so much can be exhausting and sometimes, the last thing I want to do is spend more time checking out websites and social media accounts for content. If you may have noticed, I do one post everyday, and I promise I will still try my best to do that. However, there may be times when I won't be able to do "ten images per post" (this has been my aim for years now, except on Sundays); some posts may only have five images, or seven, or eight, or however many. If I'm extremely busy on a certain day, I may not be able to put up a post...if I manage to, it might just be one image (probably something older, I still have a lot of images in folders just waiting to be posted). 

My regular features like Body ShotsSaturday Selfies, Beefcakes In Action, Caption This, and the others will still be around. Beefcakes of Lucha may not be a weekly feature anymore, but it will be a semi-regular feature. Maybe I'll come up with some new features, who knows? 

And with that, I would like to wish everyone a Happy New Year! Goodness knows we need it. Cheers!

SO LONG, 2020!

14 comments:

  1. 2020 is one year I wanna forget

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Bruno for all you've done 🙏. In a hard year, you actually went further and gave us more content and I'm truly appreciative of that especially since I had more time on my hands

    Please do what you need to take care of yourself. If anyone gives you a hard time, they need to be put in a surfboard. We all need to keep sane during these crazy times. Having created a couple of wrestling blogs myself, I understand how draining it is and just marvel at you for how long you've kept up with it

    And what a perfect image to end with lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Working on the blog actually isn't draining. I love doing it. And i want to keep doing it, it's just that with my new responsibilities, I'm afraid I might have to thin out some posts (like instead of 10 images per post, there may be 6). I did try experimenting with my series of "Mini-Posts", but I always felt they were too "light" hence I would do a "mini-post" and a full post in one day. But I'll certainly do my best to put something out everyday, even if it's just "Rewind" posts. Happy New Year!

      Delete
  3. Bruno, your work on BoW is truly impressive, and, we will perfectly content with fewer posts. Just happy that you didn't decide to go on hiatus. Any way your loyal readers can help? Anon.

    P.S. Never understood why wrestlers seem to post so many selfies giving fans "the finger," but, in this case, your use of one is very appropriate.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Getting feedback from the readers is always a joy. I hope people will still continue to enjoy the blog.

      Delete
  4. I have always really appreciate all the work you do for this site. I LOVE looking at the pics you provide. But you must take care of yourself and work comes first. Whatever you decide to do is fine by me and I am sure everyone who loves this site will understand your situation. However much you can manage will be very much appreciated. Thank you for all you have done so far. May 2021 be prosperous, healthy and fulfilling in every way.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Have a prosperous, healthy, and happy 2021, too!

      Delete
  5. Bruno I thank you a lot for creating BoW.When I discover the site I was amaze of all the pics.Thanks and a healthy 2021 from a fan from Mexico

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for following the blog! Happy, healthy 2021 to you, too.

      Delete
  6. hey there...great site...if you ever need a donation towards the site...hey...at least to order yourself some take-out while you are working on the site...just let us know. to a happy and healthy 2021

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! It's not a monetary issue, just one of time. But I'll do my best to bring you guys content everyday. Happy, healthy 2021 to you, too!

      Delete
  7. I sincerely appreciate all the comments here. Thank you so much!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What you have been doing has been awesome and much appreciated....
    Be good to yourself. Anything you send our way when you can will be devoured as always!

    ReplyDelete