Friday, June 25, 2010

Vintage Beefcakes of Wrestling : Bruno Sammartino

I'm starting a semi-weekly series of vintage/classic Beefcakes of Wrestling and who better to kick off this series than the very first pro wrestler I idolized as a kid in the 1960s. Yes, it's the legendary Bruno Sammartino.
I didn't get to watch many of his matches on TV, but Bruno was constantly featured in the magazines of the times, i.e., The Ring (Wrestling Edition), Inside Wrestling and others . His huge frame, massive chest and arms and thick, muscular legs amazed me...talk about prime beef! And he was a tough, powerful and tireless competitor who faced the dirtiest heels in oftentimes brutal and bloody matches. What a guy! Here's my little tribute to the man who turned me on to pro wrestling. 




1 comment:

  1. Bruno the ultimate beefy wrestler. A big favorite of wrestling fans young and old. A pure He Man

    ReplyDelete