Friday, April 19, 2019

Flashback Friday: Derrick Hubbard

Independent American wrestler Derrick Hubbard, also billed as Derrick Jannetty, was featured here on Beefcakes of Wrestling only a few times back in the day. I remember wanting to post more pics of him, but I wasn't able to find good quality images. Hubbard aka Jannetty made his pro debut in 2005 and retired in 2012. The 5'8", 210 pound native of Utah wrestled for American Championship Wrestling, National Wresting Alliance Pro, and Ultra Championship Wrestling Zero. Watch one of his last matches here.








5 comments:

  1. I would have been a bigger fan of Jannetty if he hadn't wrestled in a singlet. Although I know that singlets are turn ons for many fans, they are not for me. Give me a wrestler in trunks any day. Nonetheless, he was (is) a hot number and, as I recall, a more than competent worker in the ring.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like a Muscle Monday contender. Nice pics!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hate to contradict you Bruno, but when it's good news, I'll do it. Jannetty came out of retirement last year (his main job is as an EMT, I think). Here's his title match from late 2018 against Nick Barnes (another BoW alumnus) Anon.:

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hoJj33rCquc

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Anonymous, that's great news!

      Delete
    2. Thanks for the link. Good to know he's made a comeback. Hubbard's Wiki Fandom page needs to be updated; says there that he retired in 2011, but he has matches on YouTube that are from 2012.

      Delete