Wednesday, October 21, 2020

Mini-Post: "I'm Not Booked, Davey"

I recently stumbled upon this short video from 2012 titled "I'm Not Booked, Davey," featuring independent wrestler Kyle O'Reilly. In it, O'Reilly is dejected because he hasn't been booked to wrestle Davey Richards. From out of the blue, Richards shows up and assures O'Reilly he'll speak to the promoter about it. Then the two wrestlers work out on a trampoline before walking off together. Yes, it's bizarre, but apparently this is a parody of a scene from the wrestling documentary "Beyond The Mat." If you came into this without any context, you might be wondering (like I initially did): Why are they in their underwear? Who are the two guys on bikes? What is going on here??? 

Darren Dean and Aaron Solo make cameos in this scene.























1 comment:

  1. I'd seen this but didn't know what it was about! Seemed so random lol. I'll need to rewatch

    ReplyDelete