Thursday, August 24, 2017

Throwback Thursday : Hugo Knox

Longtime contributor and good friend of this blog, David, was going over the extensive collection of photos he's taken at NXT events and found this set of pics of Hugo Knox, one time NXT Superstar. As you may already know, Knox was released by WWE Developmental and his contract was not renewed. The dashing former football (or soccer, depending on where you're from) returned to his native England soon thereafter.  I was very disappointed when WWE let go of  Knox. He certainly had the looks and physique and he could have gone far with a little more development. Such a waste of prime beef. Anyway, David says Knox is one of his all-time favorite subjects and he took some of these pics of Knox's last match in Florida. Thanks for these pics, David. And yes, I miss Knox, too.











 

6 comments:

  1. WWE makes odd decisions. I've seen them push people who have very little talent, but they did so because they had a certain 'look'. Knox looks amazing, but I guess they felt his persona and/or wrestling skills were too lacking. It's a pity. He's crazy hot.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wonder if was the polkadot tights and associated gear. That was a turn-off for me. Plus I's like to have seen him emulate A Riley, D Ziggler, et al. Or at least get flattened a few times. You know what I mean--Tim Horner, e.g., can move one's britches just lying prone on the deck waiting for his heel's elbow drop to crash into Horner's sternum or head. IMHO Horner was an underrated beauty. But that's another thread for a different blog. Too bad, anyway, that he came before everybody got their manes cut to a reasonable length and their trunks were briefer. Dammit! Now I need to look at a Horner match. tt

      Delete
    2. Decades ago when I lived in East Tennessee Tim Horner used to work out at the same gym I did. Even with the 80s hair he was hot. Nice, too. And suffered in the ring with the best of them. (Brad Armstrong comes to mind.)

      Delete
  2. Great set of photos. Thanks for posting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Got those cute boy next door looks. The big built boy next door that wears tight vinyl trunks.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wish Hugo Knox would come back to wrestling. He was fast, energetic, great. And he is f*****g beautiful. I miss him.

    ReplyDelete