Thursday, October 6, 2011

Beefy Beefcake : Michael Elgin

I'm starting a new feature here on Beefcakes of Wrestling and it's going to be devoted to wrestlers who are on the beefier side of beefcake. I know I've featured a lot of wrestlers with bodybuilder physiques or six-pack abs and sculpted muscles, but I think there's room here for the more bear-ish grapplers who have been a fixture on the pro scene for many decades. My first Beefy Beefcake is Michael Elgin photographed here by the incomparable Jim from Chicago who has supplied this blog with many fantastic images. Jim writes: "Here are shots I took of Michael in May 2011 in a match against Alex Shelley.  The promotion was AAW and the event took place in a night club called Bourbon Street in Merionette Park IL.  Michael defeated Alex Shelley via a spinning powerbomb." Thanks as always, Jim! So what do you think? Should I make Beefy Beefcakes a regular feature on this blog?














 

5 comments: