Thursday, May 19, 2016

Throwback Thursday : Johnny Handsome

Surprisingly, I've only featured Johnny Handsome twice on this blog. I think it's because at the time I started this blog, Handsome was no longer as active as he used to be in the wrestling scene. I don't recall coming across many photos of him back then and what little I found was posted here (click on his name in the Labels section below to see his previous posts). While watching Scotty Putty's matches on YouTube yesterday, I saw a couple of videos wherein he wrestled Handsome (see link below) and that got me to thinking, "whatever happened to Johnny Handsome (real name Robert Chalifoux)?"  I still don't know the answer to that question; did he continue modelling for (ahem) gay-oriented sites? Did he become a competitive bodybuilder? If there's anyone who knows, please tell us in the Comments section. In the meantime, here are some beefcake pics of Johnny.









Watch Johnny Handsome vs Scotty Putty 

11 comments:

  1. Bravo, Bruno. Handsome as Handsome does. Excellent post. TT

    ReplyDelete
  2. Feast your eyes on Johnny Handsome posing and pumping with nothing on but a tiny shred of cloth...

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vs1YafAgnKs

    ReplyDelete
  3. He does have a FB page under his real name. He seems to have held up pretty well through the years. Anon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super hot. Love his "gay" modeling. Wonder where those pics appeared.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Too right! I'm doing a web-search right now.

      Delete
    2. Those construction worker pics are from MuscleGallery.com

      Delete
  5. I think he may wrestle for thunders arena videos under Specimen...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He wrestled, as Johnny Handsome, for Cyberfights. Anon.

      Delete
    2. Indeed he did. They don't sort by gimmick, but there's at least three matches in their catalog.

      http://www.can-am.com/store.cfm?page=search&prodtype=V&model=Johnny%20Handsome&stext=&studio=&theme=&subtheme=&director=

      This YouTube video is from one of those matches:

      https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=areTdbBQU_Q

      I like CyberFight matches. They have many hot, good wrestlers, some well-known, others little known. Excellent camerawork.

      The above match is described as part 1 of 3. His opponent is Ricky Rage, usually his tag partner, Their gimmick was The Chemical Cowboys. In 2002, They fought together for AllStarWrestling.

      JH is one of those whose career was too brief, 2001-2009.

      Delete
  6. I've only ever seen his matches with Scotty Putty. I wouldn't seek him out otherwise. I only like big guys like Handsome (or Apollyon) when they're putting muscle studs in their place.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am retired from wrestling and body building and posed for muscle gallery before it was considered "gay" sorry boys I'm straight/

    ReplyDelete